Almond shortbread makes 25
- 125g Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g all- purpose flour
- 60g ground almonds
- 25g flaked almonds
Cheddar cheese sables makes approx. 15
- 100g Truly Grass Fed aged or sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Truly Grass Fed salted butter, at room temperature
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or rosemary 2 tbsp sesame seeds, optional
Lemon and pistachio madeleines makes 16
- 100g Truly Grass Fed ghee, melted plus extra for greasing
- 85g all-purpose flour
- 50g pistachios
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- chopped pistachios
- dehydrated raspberry powder, optional
Cheese crisps makes 8
- 100g Truly Grass Fed aged cheddar
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f. Line a square tin 20cm x 20cm or 8”x8” with baking parchment.
- Place all the ingredients except for the flaked almond in a food processor. Blitz until the dough comes together around the blade. Careful remove the dough and press into the tin. Sprinkle the almonds over the top. Bake for 25-30 mins. Allow to cool in the tin. Then turn out and cut into squares.
Cheddar cheese sables
- Place all the ingredients except the seeds into a food processor. Blitz until the dough comes together. Form into a sausage shape approximately 4 cm or 1and ½” thick. Roll in seeds if using and then chill for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250c/475f.
- Slice the dough into 7mm or ½ “slices. Place onto a baking sheet leaving 2cm between each round.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Lemon and pistachio madeleines
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c /350f. Brush a x 16 hole madeleine tin or 2 x 16 hole mini madeleine tins with a little melted butter.
- In a food processor blitz the pistachios to a fairly fine powder.
- Mix the flour, pistachios, zest and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, egg white and butter together with a fork. Fold into the dry ingredients. Spoon into the moulds making sure they are only filled ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until risen and golden. Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
To decorate and assemble
- In a small bowl mix the hot water drop by drop into the icing sugar, stop adding when it is a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the madeleines, sprinkle with chopped pistachios, and raspberry powder, if using.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix the Truly Grass Fed aged cheddar with the chopped nuts and thyme leaves. Drop teaspoons of mixture onto the baking sheets leaving space between them as they spread. Flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Allow to cool a little on the trays then transfer to a wire rack to cool.