- Chocolate fudge cake
- 200g self-raising flour
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar 3 eggs, beaten
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 150ml low fat milk
Chocolate ganache and decorations
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g dark Chocolate
- 200ml cream
- 1 pack giant marshmallows
- 1 cake sparkler
For the cake
- Line 2 x 15cm or 6”cake tins with baking parchment Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar together into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, sunflower oil, milk and golden syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and whisk gently to combine.
- Pour even amounts into the two tins and bake for 25-30 mins until risen and cooked in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 20 minutes then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
For the ganache
- Break up the chocolate and put in a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream until just below boiling point.
- Pour over the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Allow to sit at room temperature until it is of a spreading consistency.
- Use some of the chocolate ganache to sandwich the cakes together one on top of the other, then coat the top and the sides with the rest.
- Arrange the marshmallows on top and using a blowtorch, torch them until they are golden, take care as it is easy to burn them.
- For a special touch, top with a sparkler.