- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 ears sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 ½ cups Truly Naturally Aged Cheddar, shredded
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- Place a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove some bacon if you’d like to reserve for the top, otherwise add in your onion and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add corn and garlic and cook another 4 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring heat up to medium high. Once simmering, add potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and thyme.
- Reduce heat then cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and squash and cook until the potatoes are soft and ready.
- Take two cups of the soup out and blend it in a blender until smooth then add back into the soup (this creates the chowder consistency). Stir in cheese until melted, add half and half and then bring back up to heat then serve with extra bacon on top!