- 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 1 ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ½ cups Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar, shredded
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and let cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and cream and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar. Serve with fresh bread.
Keywords: aged cheddar, unsalted butter, soup