- ½ Pound Puff Pastry Dough
- 4 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Natural Aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, melted
- For Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- Fine Sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
- Spread the puff pastry dough and divide in two equal rectangles or squares.
- Paint one of the rectangles with melted butter, and top evenly with brown sugar and cheddar cheese.
- Top with the other rectangle and press.
- Cut in stripes (around 1.5 inches) and twist them.
- Cover a baking tray with foil or baking paper.
- Place the twists on the tray and bake for around 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- To make the toffee, melt sugar and water in a pot at medium heat. Once it starts getting brown, remove from heat and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Add butter and heavy cream and mix.
- Serve the sticks with a bit of fine sugar and toffee.
Keywords: aged cheddar, unsalted butter