- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 10 brown mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 3 oz whiskey (2 shots)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Rinse cauliflower under cold water and cut the florets. Add with vegetable stock to a pot and cook over medium heat for 20 – 25 mins, until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gravy. Place 4 cubes of Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter in a deep pan, over medium heat, until it melts. Then add 1 tbsp smoked paprika.
- Finely dice the onion and toss over the sizzling butter. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Throw in the brown mushroom slices. Let it cook with the lid on until the mushroom have drained all water.
- Add the 2 whiskey shots & 5 tsp of the stock in which you boiled the cauliflower. Season with salt & pepper and let it simmer for 7-10 mins.
- Drain the cauliflower well and add to a deep bowl.
- Add 3 cubes of Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, season with salt and pepper and use a hand mixer to pulse until everything is smooth and creamy.
- If you want a thick gravy, separate the mushrooms from the liquid and blend with a hand mixer/food processor.
- Assemble the plate and garnish with freshly cut parsley.
Keywords: vegetarian, salted butter, main