Filo tarts makes 12
- 150g filo pastry
- 50g Truly Grass Fed ghee, melted
- 100g Truly Grass Fed aged or sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
Fig and cheese toasties makes 12-14
- ½ sourdough baguette, sliced into rounds 1 cm thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g Truly Grass Fed aged or sharp cheddar, grated
- 3 fresh figs,
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Cheese and thyme puffs makes 12-14
- 150g pre-made puff pastry sheet
- 75g Truly Grass Fed Aged or sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Brush a 12 hole mini muffin tray with Truly Grass Fed ghee. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f. Unroll the filo pastry and cut into squares 5 cm or 2” brush with butter and layer x 4 sheets into each mini muffin tray hole. Bake for 10 minutes or until just turning golden.
- Fill each hole with grated cheese, and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Top with a cherry tomato quarter. Best served warm.
Fig and cheese toasties
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Brush the baguette slices with the olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- Top with the grated cheddar, return to the oven for 5 minutes or until melted and bubbling. Top with the fresh figs and thyme. Drizzle with honey. Best served warm.
Cheese and thyme puffs
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c/425 f.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry. Cut 5 cm 2” circles from the sheet. Brush the outer edges of half the sheets with the beaten egg. Pile a teaspoon of cheese onto each of those discs. Cover with an un-egged disc and press around the edges to seal. Put on a baking sheet, leaving 2 cm between each. Brush the tops with egg, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until puffed up and golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly. Best served warm. Can be baked in advance and heated just before serving.