- ¾ cup Truly Grass Fed Salted butter, at room temperature (6oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, approximately
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp orange food coloring, or to taste
- ½ tsp yellow food coloring, or to taste
- All-purpose flour to dust
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place butter and sugar in the stand mixer bowl and, using the paddle, cream until fluffy. Combine the egg and stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon.
- Beat until you get a soft dough that doesn’t stick to the bowl.
- Divide the cookie dough into 3 parts. Add yellow food color to 1/3 of the dough and combine to get it even and dye the last 1/3 in orange. Wrap each 1/3 of the dough with plastic film and take them to the fridge to chill for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut two parchment paper rectangles parchment 8×10’ and set them aside. Dust a work surface with flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each one of the 3 doughs into 3 equal rectangles (6×8” with about 1/3” in thickness). Place natural dough on the bottom, the yellow one on top, and finish with the orange dough. Cut rectangles in half and invert one to change the final colors effect. Pressing and rolling with hands, shape both rectangles into two perfect 2” logs.
- Wrap each log in plastic film, place them on a baking sheet, and chill for 3 hours.
- Take logs from the fridge and using a sharp knife slice them into ¼” rounds. Line a large baking sheet (or 2 medium ones) with parchment paper and place crackers without touching one another (they spread a little).
- Take them to the fridge for another 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC.
- Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes, until they get crispy and light golden brown on the edges.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes. Release them from the baking sheet using a spatula and place them on a wire rack. Let cookies cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Prep Time: 1hour