- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg yolks
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Caramel for topping
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl combine heavy cream, milk, vanilla, bourbon, and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk egg yolks and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter and cook until golden brown.
- Swirl the pan consistently so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add cream (it will bubble up!) whisking constantly.
- The sugar will harden and then melt again.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in egg mixture slowly.
- Return to heat and cook for another 5 minutes, whisking until thickened.
- Pour into cups then let set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Top with caramel and whipped cream.
Keywords: unsalted butter, dessert