- 8 tbsp Truly Grass Feb Salted Butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pecans, lightly roasted in 1 tsp sugar
- Chocolate sauce to serve
- Fresh cherries (optional)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan from time to time to ensure it does not burn. When butter turns a deep golden color put into a bowl and let cool. 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, cream the browned butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract,whisk till combined.
- Carefully pour in the heavy cream and milk, whisking the entire time, until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, lower heat to medium and simmer until thickened. Test by dipping in a spoon and when ready it will coat the back of the spoon.
- Pour into Tupperware container and chill completely overnight or for at least 8 hours then add the mixture to an ice cream maker, mix according to machine instructions. Add to a clear plastic container and freeze.
- To serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce, roasted pecans and a cherry on top.
Keywords: unsalted butter, dessert