FOR THE BERRY COMPOTE TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 3 Tbsp cold water1lbmixed berries -strawberries, hulled and sliced in half, blueberries, blackberries, redcurrant etc
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKESINGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, melted
- 8 graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8-ounce block full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream, at room temperature
- 1.5 tsps fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated zest 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- You will need 8-10 x 6 ounce jars for this recipe
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the graham cracker crumbs, combine well until it resembles wet sand.
- Spoon 1/2 tbsp into each 6 ounce jar or until all evenly used up. Set jars aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks on medium-high speed, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to a bowl and set aside, clean out mixing bowl and beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until fully smooth and creamy and devoid of any lumps.
- Slowly fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until combined. Try not to over work this so as to retain some air in the mixture.
- Spoon about 3 tbsp on top of the crust in the jars, to 3/4 full.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 mins -1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and spoon compote topping on top, add a few extra uncooked berries if you wish
FOR THE BERRY COMPOTE
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over low-medium heat until berries have slightly softened, 5-6 minutes.
- When ready strain and set berries aside retaining the liquid and add the latter back into the pan.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup -15 minutes or so. Combine with the berries.
- Set aside to cool fully.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: unsalted butter, dessert, cheesecake