- 3 tart apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed salted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil 1 litro de óleo para fritar
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon to dust
- Peel and core the apples. Cut them in thick rings (usually 5 or 6 of 1/8”). Place rings into a bowl and gently toss with lemon juice. Set aside.
- For the batter, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Add in egg, milk, water, and butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Line a wire rack with a paper towel.
- With a fork, dip rings one by one in the batter to coat and drip off any excess. Turn heat to medium and, without overcrowding, fry them in batches until they are crispy and golden brown on all sides. Let them dry over a paper towel.
- Transfer beignets to a serving plate, dust with a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon, and serve immediately.