If you are an apple and a cake lover, this recipe will become a favorite. The batter is simple to make and, best of all, it demands only a whisk and a bowl to prepare. Serve it for breakfast, tea or dessert. Made with our Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter, it is sure to be a family favourite.
- 7 tbsp Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter (5 tbsp room temperature and 2 tbsp chilled in small pieces)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 apples
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Heat the oven to 350Fº/180ºC (medium). Line a medium-sized cake pan (8”) with parchment paper.
- For the batter, place the room temperature butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg in a medium bowl and mix with a whisk. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and stir just enough to get a creamy batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Without peeling, core and cut each apple into 8 slices. Place all the slices on top of the batter with peel side on top. Spread chilled butter pieces on top of the batter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the cake has risen and is golden and crispy on top. Use a cake tester stick until it comes out clean. Let it rest for about half an hour before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes