This baked polenta recipe is simply delicious. It is a good option both as a side dish or as a main dish.
The polenta can be stored for up to 24h and go to the oven for about 45 minutes before serving.
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 4 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter to grease
- For the polenta, heat the water, cornmeal, and salt in a medium pan, constantly stirring, until the mixture is thoroughly combined and begins to thicken. Cover the pan and, stirring every 10 minutes with a wooden spoon, let it cook for another 30 minutes, until polenta is smooth, creamy, and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC (medium).
- Grease with butter a medium baking dish (about 10 inches).
- Heat the butter, add the garlic and let it be fragrant. Add the heated butter with garlic to the polenta.
- Adjust the salt and pepper.
- Place the polenta in the baking dish and take it to the oven
- Bake it for about 1 hour or until golden and crispy on the edges.