- 4 tablespoons Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar
- 3 oz smoked pancetta (grilled)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Reduce the heat a little, add the milk gradually, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened and is smooth and creamy. Add the sharp cheddar, the crispy grilled pancetta, and season.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add the macaroni and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and add to the creamy cheese sauce.
- Transfer the creamy macaroni into a large ovenproof dish or 6 individual small ones. Scatter over the breadcrumbs, aged cheddar, chopped parsley, and freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Keywords: dinner, side dish, sharp cheddar, aged cheddar