These apple and oat cookies are full of texture, aroma, and flavor. They are incredibly tasty with a special touch of the apple pieces and nuts in the dough. Enjoy the delicious cinnamon and vanilla flavors.
- 3 small tart apples
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp Truly Grass Fed salted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashion oats
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel, core, and chop 2 apples and place them into a medium frying pan. Add 1 tbsp of Truly Grass Fed salted butter, lemon juice, apple, honey, water, and cinnamon stick. Cook over low heat, stirring once in a while until the apples are fully cooked, reach a caramelized color, and the juices dry entirely. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine flour, oat, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Melt ½ cup of Truly Grass Fed salted butter and grate the peeled apple using the largest hole of your grater. Add the butter, cooked and grated apple, nuts, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until you obtain a smooth but still sticky dough.
- Using 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie and leaving 2” apart, drop dollops on the baking sheet. Flat them slightly with your finger.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until they get crispy on top and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. With care, release them from the baking sheet using a spatula and place them on a wire rack. Let cookies cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 30min